Thursday, December 21, 2006

Forney Christmas 2006!







Granny & Cheerleader






Granny & Aunt Chick





Cousin "A" & Cheerleader



QB, RB, CL & cousins Austin & Aubrey







Cheerleader playing Mary Deans organ






My Granny & Paw Paw


I LOVE YOU!





My Mom & Dad, Sister-Aunt Chick, Uncle Donny & Aubrey caroling at Uncle James & Aunt Jo's.







Uncle James & Aunt Jo and his paintings.




















Thursday we traveled to Forney to celebrate with my Grandparents, Granny & PawPaw. When I was growing up we went there on Christmas Eve. I have so many wonderful memories of Christmas in their house. But as families grow the date has been moved back a bit, but not the fun! I have always thought my Grandparents "hung the moon" and am thankfull that my kids do too. We are so fortunate that they have both sets of Grandparents and 3 Great Grandparents! After lunch, we exchanged gifts and sang carols. A while later the women gathered in one room: talking about family, the men in another: talking politics and all the kids playing outside. In the evening we went to visit my Grandmothers brother, Uncle James & Aunt Jo. My Uncle James is a very artistic man. He has been painting for many years and finally this year I got up enough nerve & I asked to buy a painting. He would have nothing of it and gave me two! I come from a long line of artists, but did I get any of that talent? NO!! I even have a famous painter in the family, Otis Dozier. His paintings hang in the Dallas Museaum of Art in the Texas section. He even painted murals in some of the downtown buildings in Dallas. Now I can say I own an original Dozier, a James Dozier that is!

2 comments:

Mama Darling said...

You are so fortunate to have so many grandparents and great-grandparents to visit! Enjoy every moment with them. I love your family pics. You have some amazing artists in your family!

Mommy Spice said...

Ditto on what Mama Darling said. I miss my grandparents so much and wish they could have met Spicy Girl. You are so blessed!! Especially both sides....wow!!


I Believe I Can Fly
By R. Kelly
BestAudioCodes.com