Monday, January 1, 2007

40! 40! 40! 40! 40! 40! 40! 40! 40! 40! 40!


Yes, this past Friday I turned 40! I have not stressed out about it like I thought I would, maybe it will kick in later. Head Coach had to work, the boys went to a Stars game with their Uncle, so my Sister & I took our girls & went to dinner. The weather was definitely against us. We got totally soaked on the way into the restaurant. Dinner was great & thankfully no one told the waitstaff that it was my birthday. My Mother had called from New Mex. to sing me Happy Birthday and that I was getting "OLD", but I had to remind her that she was the mother of a 40 year old. She laughed but quit saying I was old. The past few days I have been thinking about this "Monumental" day in my life. Some people have lists of what they want to do before their 40th. I have been blessed to do many things, travel through Europe, climb the Great Wall, have 3 great kids. I believe my list is going to be the things I want to accomplish to improve myself. Learn a new language, reach out to others, etc. Looking back on my life, there is nothing I would change about it. There are things I wish had turned out differently, some things I wish I had not said or done, but I have learned from my mistakes & accomplishments. WOW, look what I have done in 40 years, just think what I can do with the next 40, 50, 60!

5 comments:

PandaMom said...

Happy belated birthdaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!! So sorry that we missed it! Hope to see you at SpicyGirl's party on Friday! ; )

Mommy Spice said...

Yay! Happy Birthday to you! I still have 3 years until 40...Hee-Hee. I hope mine is just as fun.

Aunt Chick said...

What an interesting night huh? It was fun though. Yes...they knew it was your birthday. They didn't charge me for the "birthday cake" on the bill. They just spared you the humilitation of singing!!

Mama Darling said...

Happy belated birthday! Don't they say, "Life begins at 40!" Never thought I would say it, but I'd love to be 40(again.) I take that back; so many things have happened since then, including Desheng Darling...so maybe not. I'll just stay old. See you Friday!

Nana said...

I am the mother of the "old one." It seems like just yesterday that I gave birth to that first girl child. I must have been very young. That is why I still remember the labor pains.
Happy Birthday to you and my birthday wish for you is that you accomplish all the things you hope to in the very "near" years to come.
I love you, Mom


I Believe I Can Fly
By R. Kelly
BestAudioCodes.com