Wednesday, June 6, 2007

For he is fully known!

Sardis UMC
Inside of Sardis UMC

Prayer candles lit in honor of each of the confirmands.

Quarterback about to be baptised by Pastor "N"!


We are so proud! Our Quarterback has accepted Christ as his one and only Savior! It was the result of a 16 week confirmation course at our church. A group of 16 kids bonded over lock-ins, Wednesday classes, field trips and prayer services. Several of the kids chose to be dunked for their baptism, so our associate pastor filled a giant 3 ft deep pool in our church courtyard and dunked them! The week before the confirmation, all the parents met at a small church in Sardis for a "Praise & Prayer" service to prepare the church for the kids arrival. That evening the kids themselves spent time in silent prayer & contemplation about their decisions in accepting Christ. The following Sunday the kids were anointed with oil & frankincense as they prayed aloud for acceptance with all of our family surrounding him. I was crying, so Mark had to say our family prayer. Afterwards the kids served the congregation communion. I cried once again as I took the "body of Christ" from my son, who served me. I cannot say enough about our associate pastor "N". He did a super job with all of our children, helping them to make their decision to accept Christ.

2 comments:


I Believe I Can Fly
By R. Kelly
BestAudioCodes.com