Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cookie Tradition 2007!!

The kids showing off their Nativity scene.

Cheerleader was our families best decorator!

Everyone having fun!

Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus in the manger. Three wise men on the left, 2 shepherds & 3 sheep on the right. Three camels, 3 cows & 2 donkeys in the middle.

A wonderful blessing was brought to us 4 years ago. The "W" family moved in across the street and brought with them the neighborhood cookie decorating event! Each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving we all gather in their garage to decorate tons of cookies in every holiday shape imaginable. This year each family had their own nativity scene to decorate. When they were all finished, "Mr. W." read the Christmas Story aloud from the bible. As the story was being told, the kids placed their cookies on a table to display the Nativity. It was a great way to kick off the season with friends and family to celebrate the "Reason for the Season"! Head Coach was just as excited about the day as the kids, he mentioned that he hopes this tradition lasts for years to come! I agree! Thank you "W" family for bring us this wonderful Christmas tradition! Love to all!
P.S. Another thank you to the "W" family for letting me copy pics from their camera because mine gave up last week. I know what I will be asking Santa for this year!






1 comment:

Mommy Spice said...

I love it!! What a great idea.

BTW, I have a huge space at the bottom of my last post. It happens to me sometimes, and I don't know why.


I Believe I Can Fly
By R. Kelly
BestAudioCodes.com