Saturday, July 21, 2007

More New Mexico

Sitting around the campfire, getting ready to roast marshmallows!YUMMMMM!

Mommy makes them just the right way!
Relaxing under the pine trees!
We love hiking in the woods!

Runningback riding Latigo.

Quarterback riding Sandy.

Daddy & Cheerleader on Dusty.


Ready - Aim- FIRE!!!!!

Anything by brothers can do, I can do better!

This year our main plan on vacation was to relax and have fun. The kids got an extra treat, we went horseback riding! QB's horse was Sandy, RB's horse was Latigo, Daddy & CL had Dusty & I rode Cinnamon. The ride through the mountains was beautiful and eventful. A tree had fallen over the path the first 2 horses crossed with no problem yet QB's horse was small. The horse started to stumble and jump. It backed into RB's horse and mine and pushed us down the steep path. QB fell off the horse but was uninjured. I did not see him fall and felt totally useless to help because I was trying to stay on my own horse! In all we had a great day and the kids are looking forward to doing it all again!
Our other favorite past time is target shooting. The boys both have their own B-B and pellet guns. This year CL wanted to shoot their guns and she was quite adamant about doing it by herself! Head Coach and I are big sticklers about gun safety. We both have been around them since childhood and are trying to teach the kids respect and good aim! On a trip into town, all CL wanted was her own gun. Well for $4.00, she now has her own double barrel shot gun, and she is quite a good shot!

3 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

Ooooh, I'm so jealous of the horseback riding...except for the whole falling thing. I'm glad QB is ok.

See ya tomorrow!

Ski Patrol said...

It looks like you guys had a great trip!! The country side there is just so beautiful!! Nothing like the mountains!

PandaMom said...

This looks like sooooo much fun! I adore the mountains, but never get to go there!!

Thanks for helping fill my heart to overflowing today. I am still basking in the fun that I had today just being with all of you again!


I Believe I Can Fly
By R. Kelly
BestAudioCodes.com