Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hello EPCOT! Day 2

Day 2 of our Disney adventure! Did you guess the next color of the day? If you guessed ORANGE, you win! We are at EPCOT. Did you know that it is an acronym for Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow? Walt Disney has a plan for an entire city of the future. The park is there to help explain his vision. That man truly made his dreams come true.
Our first ride was to outer space, a Mission to Mars. I for one DO NOT ever have to do it again! "M" & the boys loved it, I thought I was going to pass out! It is a G-force machine simulating a rocket launch, flight & landing. Maybe I am raising tomorrows astronauts!


Next up we visited different countries in the World Showcase. All those who worked in the various countries are really from there. First up was Norway. The wooden church was beautiful. They have a strong belief in gnomes. They were everywhere, large small & extra-large!





Next up was China, of course this was my favorite! Everything there looked like it was taken right out of Beijing, without all the smog, traffic & smell. I wanted the boys to get a little taste of where their sister was from. The water gardens, wooden carvings, roof tiles & incense made me feel like I was there again.


We even ran into Mulan!




The boys had fun posing with the guardian lion!
















"F" was rubbing Budda's belly for good luck!




There were even Terra-cotta Warriors! Daddy stood next to one in China & he was taller, "H" is almost there! "F" did his best to look mean & fierce.













Did not do much in France, they had shopping & eating, but we were looking forward to our dinner in Canada!



There was a drumming demonstration going on in Japan.




In America we watched the American Spirit Singers. They sang patriotic songs acapella in the rotunda of a hall. All I can say is WOW,WOW,WOW!!!! "F" is out aspiring singer in the family, his eyes would not leave them. He even had his picture taken with the leader!



A quick stop in Italy. This is a replica of the bell tower in Venice. On my European trip after college I had a really good cry up in the real one. Four friends & I begged the guide to take us up into the tower at sunset after it had closed. The view was breathtaking. Orange, yellow, blue & purple of the waters & canals. Believe it or not, there was a pay-phone at the top. I tried calling everyone in my family, even my boyfriend at the time,"Coach", no one was home! I had no one to share the beautiful moment with in the most romantic city in the world! Now in the age of cell phones when my kids travel around the world they can call Me to share the moment with!


Look who we found in England! Alice in Wonderland!


Finally, Canada! This is where we had our best meal. Daddy & the boys had steak while I had Salmon. The meal was wonderful, there was more than we could eat! Specialty breads from different regions, Cheese soup & crab souffle, as well as desert! I took this pic of my "Chocolate Mouse" with maple leaf ears for my friend "J". With dinner "M" & I had a "Blue-tini" a martini that had a glowing blue ice cube. That cube is still working today, 2 weeks later!












Good-bye Epcot, we had a great time! Guess what color we will wear tomorrow!






















3 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

Great pictures. We have been to EPCOT twice. I loved going through all the countries. We ate in Japan our first time. We had S.G. with us our second time, so I got lots of pictures there...one with S.G. and one of the Chinese workers.

I'm with you on the Mars ride. Those kinds of rides make my stomache hurt.

PandaMom said...

With each picture I just drool even more and long for August! I can't wait to take PandaGirl's pics around all the "Chinese" stuff at EPCOT. Love seeing the tiny little Alice in Wonderland with your boys!

Carol Smith said...

Great pictures and it looks as if you are truly having a magical time. Carol


I Believe I Can Fly
By R. Kelly
BestAudioCodes.com